An Offer from the NSW Government Energy Saver
6 May 2021
This offer helps homeowners in eligible postcodes access interest-free loans to install solar battery systems. You can get an interest-free loan of up to $14,000 for a solar and battery system and up to $9,000 for a battery retrofit system. You can get clean, renewable energy, cut your power bills and become more self-sufficient.
“There are too many benefits to not be involved and we’re contributing to the environment rather than taking away from it.” – Travis.
What’s On Offer?
The NSW Government is helping homeowners in eligible postcodes access interest-free loans to install solar battery systems. Through this offer, you can get an interest-free loan of up to:
- $14,000 towards a solar PV and battery system (repayable over a range of terms up to 8 years), or
- $9,000 towards retrofitting a battery system to an existing solar PV system (repayable over a range of terms up to 10 years).
This offer does not include solar-only options and is currently being run as a pilot and is available in limited regions.
By accessing this offer, you can benefit from:
- a high performing quality solar battery system, installed on your home by an approved supplier, and
- extended 10 year warranties on your system components.
Am I Eligible?
To qualify, you must:
- live in one of these postcodes
- have a household income of no more than $180,000 per annum
- own your grid-connected home, live in it and have the authority to install the system
- satisfy the loan criteria.
Solar battery systems are not for everyone. The benefits depend on how much electricity you use and when you use it. Solar battery systems are also a significant financial investment. To make an informed choice you should read:
- the program guide
- frequently asked questions
- the NSW home solar battery guide and fact sheets
- the applicant terms and conditions.
Your household is more likely to benefit from a solar battery system if you:
- use a higher than average amount of electricity (more than 6,000 kilowatt hours a year)
- use most of your electricity in the mornings and evenings
- are on a time-of-use tariff with your electricity retailer or plan to switch to one
- have already implemented other energy saving measures.
You can also use the solar battery calculator to help you decide if a solar battery system is right for you.
Approved Suppliers Information
For this offer, only approved suppliers are able to install systems and provide access to the interest-free loans. They are solar battery experts and accredited by the Clean Energy Council. These approved suppliers will install a high performing and quality solar battery system.
To find out what solar battery systems and services each one can offer you and to obtain detailed quotes follow the link below which will take you directly to the NSW Government webpage.